Monday 7 June 2010

Final Decision

This was a crucial point in my project, my lecturers were keen to see the product take a much more design orientated appearance, where as I had expected the product to look and function as an industrial style product.

With only a couple of weeks free to make the final surface model, and all of the design led concepts failing to meet my expectations for the appearance of the final object.
I decided to make the product look industrial, this decision was based on the industrial context of the project which I felt warranted an industrial style answer.
I wanted to create a product that was more compact than the others but would create the best solution to the problem.

I took on board my tutors comments about the importance of the final appearance and how a component driven model looked disconnected and aimed to create a product that was a single, more developed structure.

No comments: